The Complete Guide to Metabolic Flexibility + Bulletproof the Low Back
August 24 @ 11:30 am - August 25 @ 3:30 pm$250
The Complete Guide to Metabolic Flexibility (11:30am – 5:30pm)
In our recent history, High Intensity Interval Training (H.I.I.T.) has been all the rage in various training circles, and for good reason considering its numerous benefits. However, excessive high intensity training comes at a cost to our long term Health, not to mention the same, repetitive stimulus becomes less effective over time. That’s where Metabolic Flexibility comes in, a training approach that promotes Variable Metabolic Conditioning to enhance our ability to switch efficiently between our different energy systems to meet the demands of the various tasks in life and sport. In other words, you’ll walk away with an ability to develop Metabolic Conditioning programs for optimal health and sustainable performance.
- Define Metabolic Flexibility
- Discover IoM’ 4Q MetCon Model and justify how it promotes health and sustainable performance
- Build 4Q MetCon Workouts that can be immediately applied to one’s own training and to various clientele types
- Investigate Case Studies that demonstrate 4Q MetCon for different goals
Bulletproof the Low Back (9:30am – 3:30pm)
Degradation of the intervertebral discs, which most often occurs between L4-L5 and L5-S1, often leads to herniation, with treatments varying from physical therapy to surgery. The question is what causes this degradation to begin with and how can we possibly prevent further damage? In this workshop, we’ll arm you with Coaching and Exercise interventions to Bulletproof the Low Back and keep your client’s healthy for years to come!
- Describe the altered biomechanics that leads to dysfunction of the lumbo-pelvic-hip complex
- Explore Hip Decoupling Strategies designed to improve force transmission through the lumbo-pelvic-hip complex
- Practice implementing Activation exercises called Warding Patterns which improve neural sensitivity of the lumbo-pelvic-hip complex
- Build workouts designed to “Bulletproof the Low Back”