ISSA is the world leader in fitness education and delivers comprehensive, cognitive and practical distance education for fitness professionals, grounded in industry research, using both traditional and innovative modalities. Founded by leading fitness researchers, PhDs and elite practitioners, ISSA now offers more than 20 fitness certifications and has certified over 400,000 trainers in 174 countries.
As a member of ISSA, Institute of Motion would like to offer you an exclusive discount to attend the AHHPS courses. Sign up today to ensure you join our next cohort of the AHHPS.
Level 2 Objectives
In 14 weeks, you’ll continue to master a method that will boost your effectiveness and client retention for the rest of your career.
- Describe the need for Metabolic Flexibility for Health and Human Performance
- Explore the 4Q Metabolic Model as a means to program Metabolic Conditioning for Health and Human Performance
- Define and develop workouts to 4 styles of Metabolic Conditioning
- Identify the need for Variable Recovery strategies to maximize the adaptive process of a training and conditioning program
- Explore the 4Q Recovery Model as a means to program Recovery Sessions and Recovery days as part of a Health and Human Performance Program
- Investigate 4 styles of Recovery strategies and the many techniques that can be categorized within the 4Q Recovery Model
- Design Programs that include Mechanical, Metabolic and Recovery considerations for Health and Human Performance
Week 1: Intro to 4Q Metabolic
Week 2: SISS (Sub-threshold Intensity Steady State) Strategies and Programming
Week 3: SIIT (Sub-threshold Intensity Interval Training) Strategies and Programming
Week 4: HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) Strategies and Programming Preview
Week 5: HISS (High Intensity Steady State) Strategies and Programming Preview
Week 6: Metabolic Programming
Week 7: Intro to 4Q Recovery Preview
Week 8: LAR (Local Active Recovery) Strategies and Programming
Week 9: LPR (Local Passive Recovery) Strategies and Programming Preview
Week 10: GAR (Global Active Recovery) Strategies and Programming
Week 11: GPR (Global Passive Recovery) Strategies and Programming
Week 12: 4Q Programming – Weight Management
Week 13: 4Q Programming – Athletic Development
Week 14: 4Q Programming – Successful Aging
It was an amazing and challenging learning experience! I have a better understanding of how to serve others, and a better coaching strategy to help clients live healthier, more balanced lives. Thank you so much!
This was exactly what I needed to help me serve my members in a way that is based on longevity and health, and take my business to the next step.
Anatomy Live is an absolute must do opportunity! It’s an unforgettable experience that confirms and reminds us how important it is to challenge our beliefs and continue to learn. It opened my eyes to the interconnectedness of all our systems and will positively influence how and what I train with clients into the future.
I learned so much information at your 4 Hr seminar yesterday at Columbus Circle Equinox. Probably the most useful info I have heard in a long time.
I just went through your Web site, IoM, I am very impressed. You really have gotten a handle on biotensegrity, and nice slides. Thanks for help in spreading the word.