ISSA is the world leader in fitness education and delivers comprehensive, cognitive and practical distance education for fitness professionals, grounded in industry research, using both traditional and innovative modalities. Founded by leading fitness researchers, PhDs and elite practitioners, ISSA now offers more than 20 fitness certifications and has certified over 400,000 trainers in 174 countries.
As a member of ISSA, Institute of Motion would like to offer you an exclusive discount to attend the AHHPS courses. Sign up today to ensure you join our next cohort of the AHHPS.
Level 2 Objectives
In 14 weeks, you’ll continue to master a method that will boost your effectiveness and client retention for the rest of your career.
- Describe the need for Metabolic Flexibility for Health and Human Performance
- Explore the 4Q Metabolic Model as a means to program Metabolic Conditioning for Health and Human Performance
- Define and develop workouts to 4 styles of Metabolic Conditioning
- Identify the need for Variable Recovery strategies to maximize the adaptive process of a training and conditioning program
- Explore the 4Q Recovery Model as a means to program Recovery Sessions and Recovery days as part of a Health and Human Performance Program
- Investigate 4 styles of Recovery strategies and the many techniques that can be categorized within the 4Q Recovery Model
- Design Programs that include Mechanical, Metabolic and Recovery considerations for Health and Human Performance
Week 1: Intro to 4Q Metabolic
Week 2: SISS (Sub-threshold Intensity Steady State) Strategies and Programming
Week 3: SIIT (Sub-threshold Intensity Interval Training) Strategies and Programming
Week 4: HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) Strategies and Programming Preview
Week 5: HISS (High Intensity Steady State) Strategies and Programming Preview
Week 6: Metabolic Programming
Week 7: Intro to 4Q Recovery Preview
Week 8: Local Active and Local Passive Recovery (LAR and LPR)
Week 9: Global Active and Global Passive Recovery (GAR and GPR)
Week 10: Weight Management Programming Guidelines
Week 11: Athletic Development Programming Guidelines
Week 12: Successful Aging Programming Guidelines
We asked AHHPS Level 2 graduates the question “Would you recommend the AHHPS Level 2 to other professionals, why or why not?” 96% said YES! Here’s what a few participants have said:
Absolutely. It will be a requirement for all my staff and new hires from here on out. This information should be the foundation for personal training.
Absolutely!! It is an excellent and thorough program that allows for the integration of many different training modes and methods. I learned a lot of new exercise ideas that I can integrate into my own system, some new physiology concepts, and training philosophies that expand my own. Thanks for the great experience Institute of Motion!
I recommend AHHPS Level 1 to all Fitness Professionals. Most personal trainers do what they do for the love and passion for coaching and living a healthy life themselves; this is the first course that speaks to those values and on top of that, is on the cutting edge of the industry. It's something you have to experience for yourself as a trainer and many new doors of curiosity will open, and your business will flourish. Great stuff, so thankful I signed up!
YES! I couldn't think higher of the course and Institute of Motion, and it will only serve the mission to get more people on board with the perspective, knowledge, and approach of Institute of Motion.
Yes, I felt the course gives a great foundational framework for a trainer to operate out of and still allow the said trainer to be unique and creative within that framework.