Build Unbreakable Results For Special Populations
Develop a mastery of programming for health and human performance for special populations with AHHPS Level 3
Level 3 starts May 2nd, 2022
Course starts in
Level 3 Objectives
In this 12-week University-level course, you’ll develop mastery of programming for health and human performance for special populations, making YOU, one of the top Health and Human Performance Specialists in the industry.
- Level 3 of the Applied Health and Human Performance Specialist experience takes the logic of IoM programming learned in Level 1 and 2 and explores how to create a Health and Human Performance experience for special populations.
- Module 1-2: We begin by looking at ways to assess the controllable Determinants of Health, i.e. The Physical Domain (how we train, condition, and recover physically), The Mental/Emotional Domain (how we enhance Mindset, create Purpose, and facilitate our Thoughts/Feelings/Actions to live a high-performance life) and Social/Economic Domain (how to foster meaningful and supportive relationships). This allows a coach to not just program exercise, but also consider behaviors and lifestyle factors that may need to be integrated within the Health and Human Performance experience. From the client perspective, they will engage in a very unique experience that goes beyond the 4 walls of a gym to foster sustainable, long-term solutions for their health and performance aspirations.
- Modules 3-4 is Cognitive Health and Performance, looking at how we can enhance cognitive function for occupational performance and delaying or potentially preventing cognitive decline.
- Modules 5-6 tackle Disease States, exploring the science and programming considerations that need to be made with Pulmonary, Cardiovascular, and Metabolic Disease along with Cancer.
- Modules 7-10 explores Gender-Specific training, recognizing the unique physiological differences between Male, Female, and Transgender and the considerations that must be made at different points in life as our chemistry changes in the aging process. From the Male perspective, we’ll address ways to mitigate the loss of Testosterone and other common ailments such as Prostate Health. From the female perspective, we’ll identify the programming considerations that must be made at different phases of the Menstrual Cycle, along with programming guidelines for navigating Menopause and Pregnancy. From the Transgender perspective, we’ll explore the hormonal changes that occur during transition and the programming considerations that need to be made to not only help during transition, but also for long-term physical and mental/emotional health.
- Lastly, in Modules 11-12 we explore coaching and programming guidelines for the Single-Sport Athlete, recognizing the unique challenges we face when we specialize within a given sport and how to prolong and bulletproof the body so a person can enjoy their passion for as long as they want it.
- In summary, Level 3 adds specificity to the learnings of Level 1 and 2, giving a coach the tools and confidence to curate a Health and Human Performance experience for the many different types of clients within their clientele. This allows their clients to engage in an authentic experience that transcends what is currently done in the health and fitness industry.
Weeks 1 – 2: Assessing and Programming the Individual Determinants of Health
Presented by Brandon Marcello, PhD and Team IoM
Weeks 3 – 4: Brain Health and Cognitive-Based Programming
Presented by Ryan Glatt, MS
Weeks 5 – 6: Exercise Programming for Disease States
Presented by Greg duManoir, PhD
Weeks 7 – 10: Gender-Specific Programming Considerations
Presented by Jiji Pollock, PhD(c)
Weeks 11 – 12: Coaching and Programming for Single-Sport Specialization
Presented by John Sinclair, IoM Programming Director
- This 19+ hour course will come CEC approved by ACE, NASM, ISSA, AFAA, and NSCA.
- 3 multiple choice exams must be passed (unlimited re-tries) to earn certification.
- 1-hour Live Webinars will be held every Even week.
- Enrollment into Level 3 will come with a free 1-year subscription to Program Builder
Yes!!! There isn't anything as in-depth or as highly supported by a top-notch team out there, at least not that I'm aware of. The sense of community that this program has built and how much information is shared amongst the instructors and fellow students is mind-blowing and totally awesome!
AHHPS L2 Student
Absolutely! I found it most helpful in learning how to balance a program for an individual mechanically, metabolically, and recovery strategies. There is so much emphasis on movement these days, how it’s so good for you, and the importance of not losing our abilities. Level 2 had that same outcome with programming but beautifully balanced the importance of how to use the metabolic models to our advantage, and how important rest and recovery are in general. No matter the age, variables, or abilities. Definitely recommending!
AHHPS L2 Student
100%. I have one of my trainers participating in level 1 as we speak and I will have another couple of members of my staff attending the next level 1 session as well. I have also and will continue to encourage my LSU and SLU interns to look to IOM's AHHPS as their next step.
AHHPS L2 Student
I really recommend this course to other professionals because it can improve your knowledge and change your point of view in all training aspects (mechanical, metabolic, and recovery). I'll take it with me for the rest of my career.
AHHPS L2 Student
I have told everyone I have met who has even considered moving into health and fitness to do this course.