Guidelines for programming for the general health and well-being client include:
- Programming should be Client-Centered, i.e. allow the client to dictate the type of training to explore using the onboarding questionnaires discussed in a previous lesson
- A variable approach that tackles numerous training themes and uses all 4Q within each session
- 30Day programs work well for this client
- Re-evaluate at the end of each 30 Day Cycle
- Longer, Periodized programs are great for athletes but tough to use with the general client as life has greater priorities than training.
- Training sessions can also include learning how to exercise throughout the week so the client can adhere to an overall program