Guidelines for programming for weight loss:
- Create a structure and environment that allows for adherence and consistency is vital to the success of a weight loss program
- Use the Health and Performance Experience and Weight Loss Questionnaire to identify training themes the client is willing to do or experiment with
- AVOID training themes the client does not want to do, especially with new clients (see bulletpoint #1!)
- 30-Day Programs with a re-evaluation each month works well to keep a weight-loss client engaged and allows for a client-centered approach
- Strength Training can be performed 1-2x/week with a deconditioned client.
- Strength Endurance and improving Work capacity can be recommended
- Experiment with training in all 4Q and see which style of training the client enjoys most
- Aside from fitness, promoting daily physical activity is critical. Create habits the client is willing to do to boost their daily physical activity levels
Join us in our Community Forum for discussion and conversation.