Odd-Position Strength 17:09
Odd-Position Strength is the ability to generate force from a VARIETY of different or uncommon postures or positions while maintaining movement integrity. Many sporting activities and life tasks demand the body to move through odd-positions. The tissues of the body must be able to tolerate these demands by lengthening under load (Tensile Strength) while the motor system must be intelligent enough to navigate through odd-positions safely and effectively.
Note: At 14:10 in this video, it should read "Greater Intermuscular Coordination"
When training in odd-positions while under load, it's important to
- initiate movement from the hips
- maintain length in the spine
- transition through postures smoothly (with Rhythm and Timing)
- practice the movement unloaded or with very light load initially
- start with slow speeds before progressing to faster motion
Join us in our Community Forum for discussion and conversation.
0% Complete 0/2 Steps