When creating a HIIT session or block, follow these general guidelines:
- High intensity should be above 80%HRmax (higher or lower depending on ability). Durations can be anywhere from 10s per interval to 4 minutes.
- Duration of Interval and Intensity are inversely proportional
- Recovery periods can be active using aerobic intensities or complete rest
- W:R Ratio are 1:1 or greater rest than work, as much as 1:12 for intervals with maximal intensity.
- Choose from the 4 main modalities (Cyclical, PHA, WBI, ADL’s) when designing a workout or section of a workout