When creating a HISS session or block, follow these general guidelines:
- High intensity should be above 80%HRmax (higher or lower depending on ability).
- HISS workouts are typically 4-15 minutes. Elite athletes may train as long as 20 minutes.
- Rest is minimal during and between a working block.
- W:R Ratio are 2:1 or greater work than rest
- Choose from 3 modalities (Cyclical, PHA, WBI) when designing a workout or section of a workout. A combination of these modalities may be best (Mixed-Modal).